- Trade Deadline Thoughts and Analysis
- Reacting to the DeMarcus Cousins Trade
- How Good Can the Jazz Be?
- No. 25 SMU halts No. 11 Cincinnati’s 15-game winning streak
- Star takes Game 1 of PBA Semis
- Hawks fizzle out, Jazz coast to victory
- Millsap, Hawks edge Knicks in 4OT
- Evans rallies No. 19 Cincinnati past No.24 Xavier
- Picking the 2017 NBA All Stars: Part II
- Clippers Hold Off Late Rally From Hawks: Win 115-105
Manny Pacquiao activated to play for Mahindra
- Updated: August 3, 2016
Eight division boxing world champion Manny Pacquiao will be making a comeback as he was activated by the Mahindra Enforcers for their August 3 Smart Araneta Coliseum duel with the Alaska Aces in replacement for the injured spitfire guard LA Revilla.
This was confirmed by the boxing legend after Revilla, who is set to undergo surgery following an accidental elbow from teammate Jason Ballesteros during scrimmage and will be out for two weeks.
The Enforcers are currently on top of the standings in the current Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) Governor’s Cup with a 3-0 win-loss record, the team’s best start in franchise history.
Pacquiao will just be playing his seventh career game in two years as a playing-coach, the last time also against the Aces, going 0-of-4 from the field in a loss last November 6, 2015.
The comeback coincides with him being elected in the Senate and announcing that he will be unretiring from boxing. He will also be playing in this year’s All-Star Game as a replacement for Revilla in the Blitz team.
Aris Ignacio is from the Philippines and has always been a big fan of Philippine basketball. Aris’ follows the Philippine Basketball Association since the late 80’s and has learned the history and personalities of the PBA. He also has interest with other basketball tournaments in the Philippines and beyond most specifically college basketball (UAAP, NCAA), the Asian Basketball League (ABL), FIBA Asia and World Cup tournaments. Global Basketball is Aris’ second writing assignment besides Asia-basket.com. Follow Aris Ignacio on Twitter at aris_ignacio.