- Trade Deadline Thoughts and Analysis
- Reacting to the DeMarcus Cousins Trade
- How Good Can the Jazz Be?
- No. 25 SMU halts No. 11 Cincinnati’s 15-game winning streak
- Star takes Game 1 of PBA Semis
- Hawks fizzle out, Jazz coast to victory
- Millsap, Hawks edge Knicks in 4OT
- Evans rallies No. 19 Cincinnati past No.24 Xavier
- Picking the 2017 NBA All Stars: Part II
- Clippers Hold Off Late Rally From Hawks: Win 115-105
Taulava reconsiders trade request, will accept role in NLEX
- Updated: January 5, 2017
Asi Taulava, regarded as one of the best centers the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) has produced, reconsidered his trade request following a personal meeting with NLEX Road Warriors head coach Yeng Guiao and team manager Ronald Dulatre.
The 43-year-old center earlier lamented a trade request following a diminished role under the fiery coach after enjoying major minutes under former mentor Boyet Fernandez.
Also, frustration added to the former Most Valuable Player as a heel injury sustained before the opening of the new PBA season and the current skid of the team.
Lastly, Taulava was seen out of rotation due to the system being in place by Guiao.
The former Rain or Shine Elasto Painters coach’s new system is implementing pushing the ball and aggressively defending pick and rolls which has some incompatibility in the big man’s game.
Taulava is used to a deliberate offense with him being his back to the basket.
Aris Ignacio is from the Philippines and has always been a big fan of Philippine basketball. Aris’ follows the Philippine Basketball Association since the late 80’s and has learned the history and personalities of the PBA. He also has interest with other basketball tournaments in the Philippines and beyond most specifically college basketball (UAAP, NCAA), the Asian Basketball League (ABL), FIBA Asia and World Cup tournaments. Global Basketball is Aris’ second writing assignment besides Asia-basket.com. Follow Aris Ignacio on Twitter at aris_ignacio.