- Wichita State shocks Dayton, advances to second round
- No. 5 Notre Dame fends off No. 12 Princeton
- PBA Commissioner’s Cup opens on March 17
- NCAA Tournament: Pac-12 Outlook
- No. 23 Iowa State defeats No. 11 WVU for Big 12 Championship
- Big 12 Championship semifinals round up:
- Big 12 Tournament day 2 round up
- Big 12 Tournament Round Up Day 1
- Hawks Hold Off Nets; End Losing Streak
- Hawks survive seesaw 4th quarter against Mavericks
WVU Avenges Early Season Loss to Oklahoma
- Updated: February 9, 2017
History was made Wednesday night in Norman, as the no. 13 West Virginia Mountaineers got their first ever win at Oklahoma. The 61-50 victory improved WVU to 19-5 on the season with 7 of those wins coming from within the conference. The Sooners fell to 8-15 as they dropped their 6th straight since winning in Morgantown earlier in the season.
It was a sloppy game from both sides with WVU forcing 23 turnovers but only managing to shoot 37 percent from the field. Oklahoma only registered two players scoring in double figures as they shot a lackluster 33 percent from the field as a team and scored a season low 50 points.
The Mountaineers were without starting guard Daxter Miles Jr. who is nursing an ankle sprain. Freshman guard James Bolden stepped up in Miles Jr.’s absence, tallying a career high 17 points in just 10 minutes of action. Nathan Adrian was the only other Mountaineer to score in double figures, finishing with 13 points and 7 rebounds.
Oklahoma now heads to Ames, Iowa to face off against Iowa State on Saturday night, while WVU will be returning home to host Kansas State earlier that afternoon.